Creative Chemistry 103 Participant

Creative Chemistry 103 Participant
Creative Chemistry 103, 102, 101 Participant

Friday, June 10, 2016

CC101, Wk2, Day 7

Technique #1, Nostalgic Batik, in Day 7 of CC 101.

In this technique, I stamped the images of mortar board graduation caps on a tag made from watercolor paper.  I stamped the top image in Mustard Seed and the bottom in Abandoned Coral.  While both inks were still wet, I melted clear embossing powder on each of them.  Then, I inked the tag with various shades of brown Distress Inks and then wiped off the excess.  The embossing powder resisted the inks for the most part.  Then, I used Black Soot to stamp text as a background.  I wiped the ink of the text off mortar board caps.  In this instance, the whole "resist" thing did not work as well as I thought it would.



 Technique #2, Rusted Enamel, in Day 7 of CC 101.

In this technique, I covered a tag with multiple colors of Distress Inks but the Mustard Seed dominated.  I then covered the tag with embossing powder, flicked it, drew some patters in the powder, and then melted it.  Once it cooled and dried, I covered the surface of the tag with Walnut Stain and wiped it off.  The embossing powder resisted the ink, but Walnut Stain remained in the holes left by flicking and the patterns.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I will read your comments.