Creative Chemistry 103 Participant

Creative Chemistry 103 Participant
Creative Chemistry 103, 102, 101 Participant

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

CC101 Wk2 Day6

Week 2 Day 6 techniques for Tim Holtz Summer of Creative Chemistry 101.

Location:  Bentonville, AR, USA

Permalink:  http://barbrad42.blogspot.com/2016/06/cc101-wk2-day6.html 



 Technique 1a
Watercolored with Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Markers on Dry Watercolor Paper 


 Technique 1b
Watercolored with Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Markers on Wet Watercolor Paper



Title:  Blending with Markers Technique

 Technique 2a
Blended Pigment from Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Markers Directly on Watercolor Paper
 This was interesting.  I covered all the flowers with Spun Sugar.  Then, I colored the edges of the flowers with Picked Raspberry.  Finally, I used the Spun Sugar marker to blend the two colors.

 Technique 2b
Blend Markers on Craft Sheet
Following instructions, I layed down some Picked Raspberry marker ink on my craft paper.  Then, I dipped the brush tip of my Spun Sugar marker in the Picked Raspberry ink "puddle".  Once the two colors had blended on the Spun Sugar marker tip, I applied the Spun Sugar marker to my tag.


 Technique 3

I colored directly to the rubber stamp.  I colored the main body of the peacock with Chipped Sapphire marker and the tail with Peacock Feathers marker.  I colored the beak and legs with Gathered Twigs marker.  I blended the edges of the Chipped Sapphire and Peacock Feathers.  I stamped a piece of lightly glazed cardboard and let the watercolor peacock dry for several hours.  I then glazed then entire tag with Vintage Photo ink which proved to be not dard enough, so I recolored withWalnut Stain and then used the spritz and flick technique.  Analysis:  Chipped Sapphire and Peacock Feathers colors are so close to being the same color, I should never have used them right next to each other.  After I glazed the entire tag, I could no longer tell the difference between the two colors even though I vigorously buffed the tag.









2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I will read your comments.